Scholarship Applications for Current IHS Seniors
---~ NEW this year! ~---
ALL applications are available online, and can ONLY BE SUBMITTED online.
NO paper applications will be accepted in the Counseling Office.
Please stop in to see Ms. Roy, our College Advisor with any questions.
The submission period for ALL Scholarship Applications is open from February 13, 2017 to March 1, 2017 at 3:00pm.
- ALL applications are online as a Google Form.
- You must sign in with your dawggle email address.
- You may only submit one Form per scholarship application.
- You may edit your response at any time until the submission period closes.
- Any additional information needed should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE by 3:00pm on Wednesday, March 1, 2017. No applications will be accepted after this date and time. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
Click on any link below to be directed to the Scholarship Application Google Form:
More information on these local scholarship opportunities:
- The CONFIDENTIAL APPLICATION FOR LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS is often referred to as the “Common App” is used for 19 scholarship sources which flow through the district scholarship committee.
- IONIA AFFILIATED ATHLETIC BOOSTERS will award two senior scholarships each spring. These scholarships will be for $500 each and awarded to one female and one male athlete. Eligibility: Participation in at least one Ionia High School varsity sport in his/her senior year and a minimum GPA of 2.5. *Required recommendation forms: *IAAB Scholarship Recommendation: COACH and *IAAB Scholarship Recommendation: NON-FAMILY MEMBER
- The CONSTANCE L. RATHBURN-LAUX Scholarship is available to female athletes who participated in two sports during all four years of high school and have a 3.2 cumulative GPA.
- The IONIA BAND BOOSTERS Scholarship will be awarded to an Ionia High School graduate pursuing a college education in the Instrumental Music field. To be considered for this scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria: 1. Be a graduating senior at Ionia High School. 2. Must have been enrolled in the Ionia Public Schools instrumental music class for a minimum of seven years. 3. Be pursuing a degree in the Instrumental Music field. The student will be selected on the basis of achievement while enrolled in the instrumental music class at Ionia Public Schools and through high school graduation. The scholarship may only be used to help with the cost of textbooks, tuition, or other college fees.
- Any female applicant will be considered for the IONIA BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL WOMEN (BPW) Scholarship.
- The IONIA COUNTY HUNTING AND FISHING CLUB scholarship will be awarded in June of each calendar year. The amount of the award will be determined by the interest generated from the ICFH Trust Fund. Payment of the scholarship will be made directly to the university, college, trade or technical school selected by the recipient. The scholarship must be used within one year of the date which it is awarded. The scholarship winner will be determined by a committee of members appointed by the Board of Directors of the Ionia County Fishing and Hunting Club.
- Preference for the IEA (IONIA EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION) Scholarship will be given to applicants majoring in education.
- Special consideration for MICHAEL HEADWORTH Scholarship will be given to students who have persevered through some adversity in their life and/or have held a job in addition to going to school. *TWO Character References are required: *MICHAEL HEADWORTH Scholarship Character Reference Form
- The PIONEER STATE MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY Merit Scholarship is for students planning to major in Business.
- The RENE AND LOUISE JOHNSON Scholarship will be awarded to a student who majors in elementary education. Preference will be given to a student who attended Rather Elementary.
- Preference for the ROTARY CLUB OF IONIA Scholarships will be given to Interact Members, however, not all Interact Member applicants will be guaranteed a scholarship.
- The SPARROW IONIA HOSPITAL FOUNDATION is pleased to provide a $500 scholarship to a graduating senior who is seeking a career in the medical field (e.g. physician, nurse, therapist, technologist, pharmacist, dietician, etc.). To be considered for this scholarship, a student must be a high school graduating senior, intending to pursue studies in a medical field (no veterinary, psychology, psychiatry or dentistry).
- IONIA VOCAL MUSIC Reps (IVMR) awards a college scholarship to an Ionia High School senior who exhibits a high degree of leadership skills in the classroom and has enhanced the vocal music program through their participation in the program during their high school career. To apply for this scholarship, the applicant must meet the following requirements: 1. Planned major/minor in Music 2. Participate in an Ionia High School vocal music class 3. GPA of 3.0 or better. The following items are required for a complete application: 1. Completed application with essay 2. Copy of high school transcript (will be attached by the counseling office) 3. Copy of college acceptance letter EMAILED to email@example.com 4. Two (2) personal Letters of Reference - with at least one being completed by someone in the field of music. *TWO Letters of Reference are required: *IVMR Senior Scholarship Letter of Reference Form