Empty Cell

About Us

Jefferson Elementary, located at 420 N. Jefferson St, was built in 1923. Most recent renovations include interior changes like windows, ceilings and heating changes in 2007 as well as a new gym, food service area, and seven new classrooms added in 1989 to the east end of the existing structure. At that time, additional property was purchased at the south and east ends of our school to improve parking and traffic flow.

Jefferson Elementary School currently houses approximately 350 students. We have two sections each of Kindergarten through 5th grade. We also have two MoCI rooms and one section of Kinderstart. The staff at Jefferson is proud to have pioneered the implementation of Professional Learning Community meetings and Just Right Instruction. We implemented these programs three years ago, and now every school in IPS has done the same.




© 2007-2017 IONIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | IONIA, MI 48846 | 616.527.9280 | info@ioniaschools.org

Web Accessibility Statement

email page print page small type large type
powered by finalsite