1. You may be required to walk to the bus stop; always walk facing traffic on the left hand side of the road, single file and as far from the edge of the road as possible.
2. Once at your stop, stay off the traveled roadway at all times while waiting for the bus.
3. Students must wait 10-20 ft from where the bus will stop. Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before approaching. If there is a need to cross the roadway, do it in this manner:
A) Go at least 20 feet to the front of the bus or within complete view of the driver
B) Wait for the proper signal from the driver.
C) Look both ways and proceed across the roadway.
WALK! DON'T RUN IN FRONT OF THE BUS.
4. Enter or leave the bus at the front door only. (back door should be used only in case of an emergency).
5. Wait until the bus has come to a complete stop before attempting to get on or off.
6. Use the hand rail and take one step at a time. DO NOT jump off the bus.
7. Be courteous & obedient to the driver. This enables the driver to make the bus ride safer.
8. No eating, drinking, tobacco products or smoking on the bus!
9. Students must be quiet at all railroad crossings.
10. Students must get off the bus at their designated stops only.
11.Students will not ride any other bus or get off at another stop unless it is an emergency. Students must have set schedules with no last minutes changes (see link for Student Registration Form/Bus Form
12. Students must NOT get mail from roadside mailboxes until the bus has departed.
13. Students should leave the area of the bus IMMEDIATELY so the driver can continue on the route.
14. Students should NEVER go under the bus. If anything falls underneath the bus, ask the driver to get it.
15. Students should NEVER return to the bus after they have crossed the roadway